20 July 2014

Paperdolls and postcards

One is finished, the other one not just yet.
I came across this tutorial a while ago and thought that quilt would be perfect for my little granddaughter, maybe not just yet (she's 16 months old right now), but eventually. And we all know that if you don't buy a certain fabric when you see it, when you actually want to buy it, it'll be gone.
After overcoming my dislike of drawing, I actually had a lot of fun digging fabrics out of my scrap baskets and making the little clothes.
Doesn't look like much like this, does it?
But, add the clothes and it's a totally different story. Of course, the clothes aren't attached permanently, it's sort of like paper dolls made from fabric and fusible fleece.



And here is my favorite little photo bomber getting into the act:
He looks a little grumpy, must be the weather, it's completely overcast and very muggy today. Makes for crummy pictures.

And here is something else I've been working on:
Postcards from Kaffe.

I came across the tutorial here and had to try it. I made the number of blocks shown in the tutorial and wanted it just a little bigger. Well, just a little bigger didn't look right, so I added two more rows on the bottom and now it's the right size for a baby quilt.
I knew immediately that I wanted to use Kaffe Fassett fabrics for the front of the postcards and I had several text fabrics, but not enough. With several of the quilt stores within easy driving distance closed, it wasn't all that easy to find more. But I think I have a pretty good selection by now.
And I also have enough blocks made for another one in the size described in the original tutorial.
I am linking up with Randi from i have to say for Show 'n Tell.




2 comments:

Debbie said...

Both these projects are so much fun! I really like your version of the Postcard Quilt with the Kaffe prints - just perfect! (and now you have a texty stash - very good of course!) And your 'paper doll' project is darling - very very clever! And cute!

Run 'n Stitch said...

I love your quilt projects. Your granddaughter will love the 'paper doll' quilt. I want to make a post card quilt. Thank you for linking up to the tutorials.
Kathi