04 April 2016

Baby and child sewing

These were made just recently for my brand new little grandson (who was born yesterday, exactly on his due date. How often does that happen?), his big sister and a few other babies that are due in the very near future. All boys, the babies.
And these are for the little granddaughter, "super kid" capes:

Minimal sewing involved, just an applique for the decoration in the back and a bit of velcro for the closure. And they look better on the child than on Emma, my mannequin.
In hindsight, I think it might have been better if I had lined the cape, I have doubts about the fleece holding up to the constant tugging of the cape being put on and taken off. Maybe the next batch.

Details:
Bears: made from a Rebecca Danger pattern.
Capes: pattern found here, appliques here.

No comments: