27 August 2017

I made a book

A tiny book, really small: 1" x 1-1/4" to be exact. I learned how to in an online class with Leslie Marsh through Artful Gatherings. The class was excellent. If I hadn't procrastinated so much to get started, things might have gone more smoothly. But, in my defense, I took another class during the same time period and thought I should start with that and working on two such different projects doesn't really work for me.
So, anyway, it is almost finished, just needs a chain. And I definitely need to make at least one more because I made mistakes on this one. I won't even tell you about that.
So, here are the pictures:
The front of the book, brass with solder and a small filigree soldered on.
The spine. The pages are sewn in using coptic stitch which was new to me and which I actually really enjoy. Leslie did an excellent job of demonstrating and explaining.
These are for size comparison. And, BTW, the papers inside are coffee dyed paper and an old book page.
Just another look with the book open.
The book pages came from an old German book, obviously, it's old writing. What surprised me, when I took out the pages, was that they weren't sewn in with thread but held in with a thin wire. Strange!

1 comment:

Dschrader said...

This is so amazing. I love it!