05 February 2014

The process

I really should have written this post first, but I was so excited to be done with Madeleine, I didn't even think about it.
So, here are a few pictures I took along the way:
The pattern transferred to muslin, ready to sew.
All sewn up, ready to turn (except for one lower arm) and stuff.
In progress. There were problems, I could not get the wrinkles out of the neck and after many tries, just decided to live with it. The neck was going to be covered, anyway, so it wasn't THAT big a deal.
Hair and face painted. I think I held my breath a lot during that process.
Antiqued, sprayed with fixative and assembled.
And all finished - I think. I need to look at her for a little longer to see if she needs anything else.

No comments: