10 July 2017

A Beginner's Junk Journal

One of the administrator's of a FB group I belong to issued a challenge to all the beginners to make a simple junk journal and she was kind enough to make videos of the process. I am just barely sliding in under the deadline, actually, my little journal (and its sisters) were finished quite a while ago, I just never took pictures. Here are pictures, finally, just of the first one I made:
The cover, it's constructed of a 9x6 envelope. I glued a pretty print-out to the front and left it at that. I'm a bit of a minimalist.
A stamped page, coffee-dyed with the corners rounded.

 A pretty glassine envelope to hold extra paper or tags.
A corner flip pocket, this one holds a tag and a journaling card.
Coffee-dyed ledger paper with a doily and a book page cut-out meant as a tuck spot for tags and journaling cards. And a coffee-dyed guest check.
A belly band holding more cards and cut-outs.
A small glassine envelope holding more tags and other pretties. Behind it is a book page.
Another corner pocket in the center of the journal. The ends of the thread have been covered with tiny cut out hearts.
More ledger paper and, on the opposite page, another doily serving as another tuck spot.
A gusseted bag I made following a tutorial on YouTube (I used a Chinese book page) holding another tag.
And another belly band and the other side of the glassine envelope. All holding tags, journaling cards and other pretties.
It was a fun project and the instructional videos were excellent.
Here is the first of the videos and the group I belong to is here.

No comments: