03 October 2011

Busy, busy, busy

Today's Monday, that means French class tonight. Yes, I'm trying to re-learn what I used to know. It's an enrichment class, which means no serious homework, no tests, no finals etc. And I am under no illusion that a 3 months class will be enough to get back to where I was many, many years ago when I had taken French for 4 years - with daily classes. But it's fun and I've completely fallen in love with the sound of it - language discs in the car, an online class through the library; all in addition to the one-night-a-week class through the Adult School.
I'm also doing another online class with Deryn Mentock - http://somethingsublime.typepad.com/jewelry_works/. Two months, this time. I signed up in plenty of time. Lots of videos to be watched whenever I want to. I should be able to make perfect jump rings, wrapped loops and clasps when I'm done (if I practice enough). I wonder if one can learn to design, though?
In addition, I am still completely hooked on enameling. There are so many things I want to experiment with. There isn't really the time, though, not right now. But I'll get to it, eventually. Would love to have the set-up Barbara Lewis (http://paintingwithfireartwear.blogspot.com/) uses: MAPP gas and dipping. No tedious cleaning with pickle or copper cleaner and scrubbies. But that's something I can't do in my little studio/converted bedroom; that's something that needs to be done in the garage or a larger studio with ventilation (and no carpet on the floor). Maybe someday?
Right now, it's time to do some yoga, though. And come up with more enameling projects.

No comments: