22 December 2013

Sunsets

I was going to just do a huge photo dump, take everything off my camera and put it into one post, but decided against it. Wayyyyy too many pictures. So, I'm sorting them, sort of, by theme. Or geographical theme, or maybe the order they are on the camera. Haven't quite figured it out just yet.
Since I also have pictures from 2 and 3 years ago that I haven't used yet, it could be  a while.
So, first sunsets .............





The triangular things pointing up on the bottom left are gas lights that are manually lit every evening.

All taken at Waikiki Beach. The last two are pictures of the place where L rents a board when he goes surfing and this time around he went surfing quite a bit. Had to do with the fact that my feet decided to give out.

This huge tree is just off the beach. And it doesn't have multiple trunks, those are roots. I have no idea what the tree is called. Maybe somebody can help there?

This is the statue of Duke Kahonamoku - wikipedia entry here.

1 comment:

Maia said...

Doris, that's a Banyan tree. If you look in between all the roots you can often find gecko eggs. They look like regular white eggs, but little!