25 October 2017

Yet more eco printing

I wasn't thrilled with the results of the previous session - too much blue dye, not what I was looking or hoping for, so that same afternoon I set up another batch of papers, using what was left of the water in the bottom of the roasting pan and diluting and, this time, having the tile on the bottom, but no second tile on the top of my paper bundles. The results are much more to my liking:
Flowers from my stevia plant, Japanese maple leaves etc.
Berries from a neighborhood tree. I like what the blue dye did here.
Eucalyptus leaves with a bit of blue dye.
Grape leaves, oak leaves and a bit of dye. Again, happy with the results.
Grape, oak and eucalyptus leaves.
Obviously, I am not showing every paper I ended up with. Some are just not that interesting, but I was happier with the results of this session than almost any other one.
Time to take the dog for a walk and collect a bit of printing material. Wish I could remember where I found those cool seed pods.

No comments: